TVE The fully electric Defender with no compromise on capability.
Here are the highlights:
- System developed exclusively for Twisted UK in Holland
- Battery system housed entirely within the chassis rails. No loss of load space
- Regenerative braking, remote diagnostics and 3kw cabin heating and cooling
- Retains all Defender off-road functionality including the hand-brake, hi/low box and diff lock
- Maintains towing capability and capacity. Increases wading depth
- All the “EV” components are brand new, OEM standard parts and not salvaged from other cars
- Conversion to your own vehicle or one supplied by us
- Two-year warranty to the whole vehicle post-conversion (subject to the recommendations
of our inspection report being followed if we convert your vehicle)
- Test drives are available at our North Yorkshire factory
What powers the TVE?
The TVE is a 200 kW / 1200 Nm fully electric powertrain with a liquid-cooled battery system, delivering 120+ miles of range on a three-hour charge. To future-proof the unit, all electric components and running gear are modular, so as technology improves, we can upgrade individual elements.
- 200 kW / 1200 Nm
- 68kWh (in a 90) / 81kWh (in a 110)
- SPORT, ECO AND OFF-ROAD MODES
LIQUID-COOLED BATTERY SYSTEM
THREE-HOUR CHARGE AT 22kW STATION (OPTIONAL FAST CHARGE AVAILABLE)
HI/LO BOX AND DIFFERENTIAL LOCK
It’s Defender but not as we know it.
Each vehicle maintains all its off-road credentials by retaining its hi/lo box, its differential lock and the same wading depth as ICE models. As we fit the batteries and associated technologies within the existing chassis architecture, in place of the original fuel tank and combustion engine, departure and approach angles are unaffected.
We build the all-electric Twisted TVE with unrivalled craftsmanship and finesse. Nothing appears out of place until you look closely. The gear lever is replaced with buttons and a small screen and the fuel cap flips open to reveal the charge point, not a fuel line.
The three available drive modes (Eco, Sport and Off-Road) all have different characteristics that benefit range or performance and use regenerative braking to increase range or rolling resistance.
Please note: post-2002 vehicles do not qualify under current DVLA rules to be reclassified as electric for road tax purposes. We will keep an eye on this as legislation catches up with the level of conversions taking place.
- See below for current stock
- Conversion for Defender 90 starts from £89,000 (incl UK VAT)
- Conversion for Defender 110 starts from £105,000.00 (incl UK VAT)