Winter’s on its way. The time of year that the Defender keys stay at the top of the pile because it’s your go-anywhere vehicle.
As the days get shorter and temperatures drop, you need to be able to see clearly and keep warm. Chuck in your winter coats, load up the muddy wellies and go for a drive. Your Defender, your adventure.
Here are nine winter upgrades and accessories, collated by team Twisted.
1) New wipers. This simple change will make a big difference to your visibility. From £65 + VAT for three.
2) Smaller steering wheel. Gain space in the cabin, improve your feel for the terrain beneath you and enjoy a much nicer touchpoint. We replace the standard Defender steering wheel with a smaller, thinner, leather-trimmed version. From £575 + VAT
3) Best wheel and tyre package. So obvious but often missed; you should always have the best set of wheels and tyres for your conditions - never more so than during winter. From £2455 + VAT
4) Improved suspension. With Twisted’s progressive suspension, you gain more predictability and control on alpine roads or frozen fields. From £2995 + VAT
5) Additional lighting. For short days and long nights, extra lighting is a must. We offer LED headlights, light bars, spot-lights, work lights, bumpers with integrated driving lights and front grille lighting. Choose a set-up that matches your lifestyle. From £795 + VAT.
6) A roof rack. A new roof rack is a go-to accessory for extra space. Transport your skis in the winter and your surfboard in the summer. From £2995 + VAT.
7) Soundproofing and panel alignment. Keep the noise down, the heat in and the water out. From £6,500 + VAT. Note: this is 4-5 days of expert work that will transform your Defender.
8) Upgraded in-car media. With Twisted’s integrated media package featuring Nav and CarPlay, your winter journeys will always sound as good as they look. From £4500 + VAT.
9) Customised load space. Why not add bespoke storage, like a high-level coat rack, to keep your winter warmers clean without losing load space? Costs vary.
If you’re considering making changes to your classic Defender this winter, don’t hesitate to contact the Twisted experts at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0)1845 574 990.
P.S. Don’t forget to keep your Defender’s servicing up to date. We can do that for you too.